User Agreement – Terms and Conditions
- StudentDorms.com (“the website”) is a website which provides students with a list of privately operated student residence halls as well as reviews, the latest student accommodation news and access to a variety of housing options in various locations. The use of the website is governed by the below terms and conditions.
- The website is owned and controlled by Student Blox (UK) Limited (“us, we or our”), registered office at 32 Baker Street, London, W1U 3EY with company number 9614707.
2. Acceptance of Agreement
- You must read and accept all of the terms and conditions in, and linked to, this User Agreement. The User Agreement constitutes a legally binding agreement between you and us.
3. Other Applicable Terms
4. Licence to Use
- Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website. Subject to the licence below, all the intellectual property rights are reserved.
- sell, rent or sub-licence material from the website,
- reproduce or otherwise exploit material on the website for a commercial purpose without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- or edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
- you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our website must always be acknowledged.
5. Acceptable Use
You must not use our website in any way that causes, or may cause damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal fraudulent or harmful, and specifically you must not:
- Upload or post inaccurate Content or items on to the website. We reserve the right to review and if necessary remove items which in our reasonable opinion may breach this condition;
- Breach any laws or infringe the intellectual property, copyright, trade mark or other rights the website or any third parties listed on the website;
- List or post any defamatory, or libellous content (including personal information) about us or any third party or any false, inaccurate, misleading content on to the website
- Distribute or post spam, unsolicited or bulk electronic communications to us or any third parties or distribute any viruses or other technologies without informing us.
6. Restricted Access
- Access to certain areas of the website is restricted. We reserve the right to restrict access to other areas of the website at our discretion.
- If we provide you with access to restricted areas of the website, you must ensure that such access details including any passwords are kept confidential.
- You must notify us immediately at email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorised use of the website.
7. Additional Services
The processing of services provided by us from this website are subject to the appropriate licence or other additional terms which can be found on this website when you request the services. Any services provided by us are subject to the appropriate terms and non-acceptance by you of the terms will mean you will not be able to obtain services from us. Any order for services made by you from this website will be confirmed by email and we shall be under no obligation to provide services until such confirmation is received by you. Orders are accepted at our sole discretion and we reserve the right to decline orders without giving any explanation.
8. Links to External Websites and Resources
- The website contains links to some third party websites and resources. We are not in any way responsible for the material on the other website that you enter via such link and nor can we be deemed to have endorsed their content. These links are provided for information purposes only. If you choose to use such a hypertext link then you will leave this website.
- We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
9. Linking to Our Website
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our website in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with our terms of acceptable use at clause 5 above.
- If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Limited Warranties
11. Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our website.
- Please note that we only provide our website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
- We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
14. Privacy of Data
All notices given by you to us must be given to us at email@example.com
16. Unauthorised Communications
You may not use our Site or items listed on it to send spam or otherwise send content that would breach our User Agreement. We may automatically scan and manually filter email messages before they are sent via our communication tools for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content. If you think you may have received spam through the website without your permission, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
17. Exclusion of Third Party Rights
A person who is not a party to this Agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this User Agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party specified in this Agreement or which exists or is available apart from that Act.
18. Changes to The Terms & Conditions
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. By continuing to use this website you shall be deemed to have accepted any changes to these terms and conditions.
19. Changes to Our Site
- We may update the website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it
- We do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
20. Right to be Unavailable
- Our website is made available free of charge.
- We will use our best endeavours to ensure that the website is available at all times; however, we do not guarantee that our website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you breach these conditions and after that we take no action, this does not stop us from being entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
If any of these terms and conditions or any provisions of a contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
23. Law and Jurisdiction
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You and we both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
24. Contact Us
If you have any queries regarding this website or the information contained on it, please contact email@example.com